Marketing on a shoestring
Here are 6 potentially low cost ideas to refresh the impact of your marketing communications:
- Use your silent salesmen - include a topline summary of relevant products or services on every customer communication – footers of emails and letterheads, business cards, websites and so on – and don’t assume existing, even longstanding customers, are aware of everything that you offer.
- Let them ‘taste’ the difference - encourage trial of other products and services with a discounted/free trial or sample, for a limited period of time, to illustrate your product portfolio - ideally relate it to a minimum order level.
- Maximise forwarding of your email campaigns with added value - consider ‘Recommend a friend’ offers (business to consumer), or free downloads of special interest reports (business to business) to spread the word.
- Create a brand experience with invitations to ‘open house’ sessions – an opportunity to engage all employees by combining factory tours with ‘ask the team.’ You may even use this as an opportunity to obtain feedback on new ideas.
- Take your brand on the road – if customers won’t come to you, find ways of reaching out to them, with educational talks, potentially using regional sales teams who are already in the field.
- Find premium partners for combined marketing - if you share similar customer groups with trusted and reliable, non-competing companies, consider offering both customer databases a dual offer and double the impact of your marketing communications.
Click here for some other ideas for creative marketing without breaking the bank
Since all businesses have specific requirements, this article should be used for background guidance only and should not be understood as one to one, personal business advice. For this reason, no liability can be accepted by Freelance Marketing Ltd